+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for administrators of FAOL

Default Question for administrators of FAOL

I was looking at the Friends Of FAOL list tonight and my name and a few others are missing. However, there are quite a few "Friends" who's names appear more than once. Did we get pruned as friends? Do I have to pay another fee to remain a friend? Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Blog Entries

Default not sure

I haven't messed with that section that I know of, only the 'dead' users on the BB.

What area are we talking about?
    Let me know and I'll get a hold of Dee and ask her how names are maintained here.

Thanks for the heads up. FAOL really appreciates the help and support of it's members, and we need to acknowledge the active supporters.

--Ron--

Ron, I recently returned to the board after a few years of hiatus from being a very active member and on the Friends board. I just checked and I am still there as a friend, so I doubt any accidental or automated pruning has occurred.

But, since you seem anxious to improve the board ----- ;,)

Most boards I visit keep me logged in, even if I have left to visit other sites, as long as I have not turned my browser off. This is the only site I visit where I have to log in every time I visit, even if my browser has been left on while I visit other sites. Logging back on each time I visit is a hassle. Any chance you could fix that?

But I also have to say that logging back on is the easiest of any board I visit, so this is just a minor annoyance and not making me crazy.

Thanks!

oldfrat,
    There is a way, I just can't remember if it is up to you enabling your browser to hold the "cookie" that automatically logs you in, and/or setting something in your User Control Panel as well.
    But definitely you have to have your PC set to ping the website to log you in when you open it.
    I have FAOL as my home page and it automatically logs me in when ever I open my browser (Firefox).
    I also have Internet Explorer on my Box-O-Rocks for other stuff. But like Firefox because it runs and works faster for me.
    Also, in your Tools/Options/Security/ have your computer remember Passwords for sites.
    It's just a few adjustments you need and you'll be smilin away.
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

oldfrat,

Unless it has changed or your PC is not set up for it, when I log into FAOL, there is an option that asks, "Remember my password" or something like that and if you "check" that box, you will be logged in each time. The only time I have to log-in is if there has been a problem with FAOL being off-line for repairs or updates or there has been a power interruption at my home and I need to re-log in.

Just a thought....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Sonny & Warren, many thanks! I figured it out. A real "DUH moment".

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    Sonny & Warren, many thanks! I figured it out. A real "DUH moment".
    Glad you got it!
    Now email yourself your password and save it. Because if you are anything like me, you'll soon forget what the heck it was.
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

+ Reply to Thread