+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little teeth...muskies even.

Default Little teeth...muskies even.

One of my fav. fish for warmwater FF'ing.

They don't come easy and they can make the elbows ache. I just love that topwater smash...

On the take, this little fellah (less than 40") took off on his tail a couple of times. 'Twas thrilling on an 8wt...

I can't wait until fall!

Jeremy.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Impressive Job!

Hi Jeremy,

You don't see my Muskies caught on a fly rod. I'm impressed and just a tad envious. Great job! 8T

Thanks Eight Thumbs. It's not the best way to persue 'em, as in only 5 now, in 6 yrs of trying but I love that topside take on a large popper.

Personal best was a 43 incher but this little fellow fought well enough to deserve a ribbon! I put him back quickly.

Jeremy.

That's awesome! Great job, Jeremy!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Congrats on a great catch! I'm planning on another try at my first muskie on the fly this fall. Actually it'll be, if I get it, my first muskie ever.

nice catch. No muskies in these parts; but some angry pike. I envy you

Default Nice !

Hello Jeremy, i just bet that was a thrill on the topwater take. Do the muskies run far once hooked?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    Hello Jeremy, i just bet that was a thrill on the topwater take. Do the muskies run far once hooked?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
    Hello Moose,

Nice to hear from you again. Yep and yep and yep...she ran a few times and for quite a way too all the whilst I was trying to regain my line to get the fish onto the reel.

What a fiasco! Best part of the fight though. I'd say she went out enough to have my line entering the water at around a 15deg angle B/4 I got the fish on the reel. And she ran a few times before heading down.

Those first couple of tailwalks were awesome!

Hope you're having a good season out there. I keep remembering what you said about Idaho. It's bugging me....and so are "the blues"! Loving it!

Jeremy.

Default Here too...

Well I'll have to be sure to have plenty of backing on the 9wt. when i get a chance to get close to some muskies. Tailwalking...sounds like the smallies here but on a much larger scale...

Yeah, Idaho and the blues...heh, heh...got it.. ! Ok, now go get that 50'' muskie...there's one out there with your name on it Jeremy ! And don't forget,
    Idaho is still there and calling you.

I am having a good season here..mostly smallie fishing just now but had good trout action locally a few times before the hot days hit....now it's all up in flames where I trout close by...2100 acres this evenings news...oh well, 30 to 60 smallies a trip works for me. Will be trying the lmb at the lake again soon but i think that's a daybreak or near dark call now...been triple digits or high 90's for a couple weeks now.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

5 in 6 years of trying, how many casts is that?

Nice fish, I tied some big streamers for them but never got out for them and I know they are around when I live.

+ Reply to Thread