The oxymoron to end all oxymorons...water based cement?

Was on my last drops of cement and went to the local shop to get cement. All he had was water based cement. He told me the other cement was on back order for so long and becoming harder and harder to get that he finally had to give in and order the water based. Said this waterbased stuff was more enviormentally friendly (what?!) and doesn't require thinner, except H2O when needed.

Comments? Is this guy selling me a bill of goods?

I've tied up some flies; and, I'm not getting the same gloss as the 'olde' stuff plus the first coat seems to soak in warranting multiple coats. Other problems, because it is more liquid it wants to run into my eye and requires overnight drying to to assure it won't disolve. I've already glued one fly to my finger. I thought it was dry enough to move from vise to my foam board for further drying and the fly stuck to my index finger! Now I have to set my vise in front of a fan to dry when I could be starting a new fly!

Please don't tell me the industry has changed over. Please assure me the 'olde' stuff is still being made. Please oh please oh please.

Jim