+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not real nice...

Angry Not real nice...

Re: Quote from Sunbob on the For Sale forum:

"Someday I would like to meet you , maybe at a fish in and tell you were to put that light "

Sunbob, prolly nunamybiz, but that was totally uncalled for on a public forum. Personally, I'd appreciate it alot if that attitude be expressed in a PM, if at all.
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're probably right.
    --Author unknown

Maybe he just wanted to explain how to attach the light to his hat? It's certainly possible ... right?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Maybe he just wanted to explain how to attach the light to his hat? It's certainly possible ... right?
    Some see the glass half full and others half empty... Thanks Betty.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Blog Entries

Default Play nice

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

Reporting a post because it contains advertising, or offensive content actually is looked at and dealt with.

I leave this action to the board admins, as they are more in tune to what is or is not appropriate. My role is as backup here, and to enforce the policies that Dee signs off on. That's not to say I won't take a poster out in public and call them on what they say mind you. I believe in free speech. But free speech does NOT give us the right to be abusive for the sake of being abusive. All rights come with responsibility! Abusers of a right can and should loose it if habitually going against society norms. Everyone is entitled to a bad hair day every now and then though, so both sides need to cut the other some slack.

For all: remember email and posts are flawed in that they do not convey emotion very well. It's one thing to tell someone to stick it with a smirk on your face, letting everyone know that sarcasm is being used, and quite another to write the words in a post. A lot of communication gets lost with a written word unless you are a professional writer, and even then it's iffy.

Please keep this in mind everyone, and remember that if you wouldn't say what you include in a post to your grandkids or grandparents you MIGHT want to reconsider saying it here. Then again.. If you are a wise guy like me, you might just want to re-read EVERYTHING twice before submitting, and hope for the best

Now lets all play nice.. shall we?

+ Reply to Thread