+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Night Fishing!!!

Hybrid View

Default Night Fishing!!!

i am hoping for some ideas here and would appreciate any feedback. I will be camping near my favorite spring creek this weekend and have always wanted to fish it at night. I know browns are nocturnal for the most part and am really hoping this big boys will come out. Are streamers my best bet? Will a headlamp put the fish down? Mice? If anyone has had any experience that could help I would appreciate it. Of course If everything goes well I will be sure to have pics and a full report! Thanks in advance!
    Get Em!

The only reply I have to this is: "TAKE YOUR DAD!!!"

Love, Dad
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

use a mousey.

Blog Entries

Default !!!

wear wading belt!

BE CAREFUL! And I think I remember seeing Joe Humphreys on a video somewhere, looking for a 20 lb. brown, at night, and I seem to recall they were using red lights, just like you'd use in a photo lab.

SW PA, just north os Pittsburgh, near the Ohio and Beaver river intersect.

Default Not to be a downer but...

Correct me if I am wrong but don't trout see in the red spectrum of light?? I would go with green, its brighter at night and doesn't kill your night vision, learned that from using Night Vision Goggels in Iraq. You can buy lights that mount on your ball cap that have green LED's from Wal Mart for 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mgliss View Post
    i am hoping for some ideas here and would appreciate any feedback. I will be camping near my favorite spring creek this weekend and have always wanted to fish it at night. I know browns are nocturnal for the most part and am really hoping this big boys will come out. Are streamers my best bet? Will a headlamp put the fish down? Mice? If anyone has had any experience that could help I would appreciate it. Of course If everything goes well I will be sure to have pics and a full report! Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like you've got a pretty good start.

Streamers (red and purple work well at night). Keep the light off. Mice are always good.

Default Thanks guys...

I was able to get out Friday night for about three hours. Lets just say it was both dissapointing and fulfilling. Ill have a better report in the Dad and the Kid 2009 fishing reports. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
    Get Em!

+ Reply to Thread