+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am very excited!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Smile I am very excited!!!!!!

I am headed to Michigan (staying about 10 miles from the Ausable near Glennie) in the morning. I just got off the phone with Bob Linsenman's Fly shop. I am going stop by the shop Sunday morning and book a guided driftboat trip for myself and 13 yr old son sometime during the week. Bob sounded like a great guy and said that the shop had done several father/son trips the past couple of weeks. They had a good time. I bought a waterproof camera yesterday. I hope to have some pictures for the FAOL when we return.

I read this post from someone on FAOL. We are going to go by Gates and check out the Goldens. We are takin one of our Goldens with us on our trip. Here is the post.

"Something you might want to be aware of at Gates---They have two golden retreivers, a male and a female. The female is a thief! She is known to wander off with people's boots, and other items, especially food! She's really freindly, she just loves to have things to play with. (for the life of me I'm having an alzheimer's moment and can't remember her name) She always gives Bill and Brad fits, trying to take off with their cooking items. The male is very mellow and basically just lays around"

Tom
    Last edited by crappiecrazy; 07-24-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Sounds like a great Dad/Son trip. Have a ball, be safe and show us the pics when you get back. Oh yeah, a full report is expected too. Your son is a lucky boy.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Blog Entries

Crappiecrazy, I hope that you have a ton of fun up there. The guided trip is a very good idea. If you are more familiar with warm water species, then a good guide can teach you more in a few hours than most people would figure out on their own in a week. If you get the chance, try fishing a BWO hatch at Cummins Flats in Mio. It is a blast.

Ed

Tom;
    I talked to Bob when we were up there for the Michigan Fish-In, great guy and very helpful.

If you take the road on the North side of the Au Sable (F32 I believe) over to Bob's shop you'll go past Cummins Flats. Lots of big wadable water with the chance of a BWO hatch in the morning.

Have fun!

I believe the two goldens are sisters Lea and Ruby (who has mello'd over the years) She's still
    a thief but not as bad as she used to be. Buster is the male but he's some type of setter i believe.

I think Linsenman's shop is on M33...not that it really matters, pretty easy to find.

Good luck and enjoy!
    thirdyearflyfisher.com

+ Reply to Thread