+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montana could use a little precipitation

Default Montana could use a little precipitation

[url=http://www.helenair.com/articles/2005/02/25/montana_top/a01022505_02.txt:e1b39]http://www.helenair.com/articles/2005/02/25/montana_top/a01022505_02.txt[/url:e1b39]

sad to hear this.
    have gone to montana the last 5 years for
    vacation.and we always pray for rain for our montana friends.it is just so said.

Add a little for southern Wyoming..

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

Here in Arizona we'd like to send some up to y'all! We've already had about 75% of our avg. annual rainfall and the fishing is lousy in the streams and lakes right now.

Even the tourists are starting to complain about the weather here.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

Saw an article from BC that said the record sunshine this winter has meant the managers are getting antsy as run off will be down and salmon streams might be affected.

Also the drought index is at a record level so forest fires are a concern.

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:9b4fb]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:9b4fb]
    Christopher Chin

It is so dry here already that if we don't have huge rains in the next couple of months I'm afraid that we will have the worst fires in years.A lot of my friends and family work in the woods and they are already afraid to build a fire it is so dry in the lowlands. we were doing fine with our snow level here until the pineapple express hit us a few weeks ago.It took off close to a foot of snow in about three days and we hit almost 70 degrees in the end of January.If I get a chance I will shoot a picture in a bit of the Rockies to the north into B.C.the Canadian side is holding more snow than the U.S. side so you really can see the difference in the snow load now.

------------------
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

I had to go out today and there were Girls wearing shorts out and people were riding the motor bikes. It was in the 60's here today sunny no clouds or wind. Beautiful day for sure. Supposed to be the same for the next week they are saying. I also went down to the river just to take a look and there were fish feeding on dry flies. A friend that owns a local fly shop told me today that he saw a caddis fly today. (About two months early) I would guess the snow line at about 8,000 feet right here were I live.
    If we don't get a lot of rain this spring or summer you can bet there are going to be a lot of river closings. Just be prepared for it if you are headed this way. The FFF get togeather may be a real dry one.
    Ron

We here in SE. Idaho are real short too. and it has been going on for a few years in a row. It better be a wet spring or the fish here will need to grow feet

Rich

My wife and I saw a Humming Bird here in Alberton today.......this can't be good. Scott

Here is what the Missouri River looked like this morning. Note the lack of snow. Also, you don't see them in the picture, but the ground squirrels are out.

+ Reply to Thread