I caught my first trout on a flyrod today!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so cool. They were not just dumped off the truck. I had to work for them. My only trout fishin has been spinning rod "shoot em in the barrel fresh off the truck" One of them was 13 inches long and really put up a fight on my 4wt. I caught them on some flies that some fellow FAOL anglers sent me. I took them home and took a sharp knife and kinda butterflyed em. Rolled them in cornmeal, papriki, and salt. Fried them in a iron skillet till golden brown. Wife, son and I loved them. I had always heard that stocked trout we not that great to eat. The only way I have ever cooked them was on the grill. I'll take mine fried from now on. I fished a smallmouth stream in the morning and caught a 13" inch LM bass on a gurgle pop. He wasn't any slouch either in the fighting department. Fished a trout stream (or the closest thing to a trout stream in my area) in the afternoon. It was a awesome day for me.

Here is my dumb question. I checked the stomach of the biggest trout and it had two beetles and a bunch of vegetation. What is up with the vegetation. Please nobody say "cause they ate it"