+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super short notice Guidetrip in Miami area?

Default Super short notice Guidetrip in Miami area?

I'm down in Southbeach this week and looking to book a trip for the end of the week if possible. I should have planned it out better and booked ahead but I just started looking now. Any guides on the board that can do a morning half or possibly 3/4 day trip with 3 guys (I'm the only fly guy in the group) or anyone been down to the area and have someone to recommend?

Looking for anything besides offshore/trolling really. Peacock bass/inshore/nearshore/flats/backwater/bottom fishing/sharks depending on what's in the area and what's biting. I was up in Marco Island last week and the guides said the sharks weren't around now for whatever reason(possibly warm water temps) so I'm not sure how things look down here.

I've already started making calls based on what I can find on the web but mostly getting guys who are booked or just leaving voicemails and waiting for calls so I figured I'd post on here and see if anyone has anything to add since its such short notice.

Thanks in advance

I can take 1 of you...I have 3 days booked but not official what 3 days over a 7 day period...I go for the mogens

Thanks, but we are looking to all go out together.

I understand and figured as much but just wanted to let you know just in case....the reason is I have never seen a flats boat carrying 4 people...most are 18ft and go one on one....you might try Capt Bob LeMay...he is tops for tarpon and also back country...you can goggle him but hes easy to find but probably booked...another good way is to go to the BONEFISH TAGGING PROJECT website and they have a list of all the guides tagging the bones and tarpon which they recommend...same with TARBONE.ORG these are proven guides....of course I am there, sweet....good luck on your trip...its on fire right now so you will do well

Thanks, thats what I'm learning about only taking 1-2 anglers. I talked to one guy who said he can do 3 on his bigger boat, but he's having some motor issues and doesn't know if he will be ready to go on Friday or not so I'm still looking. Tarbon had emailed me saying a second skiff would be needed for the 3rd person so I'm not sure if that meant a second guide too which would probably be out of our price range (we're college students down here with my aunt). After all the pictures you've been posting you'd be at the top of the list except I can't ditch these guys to go off alone so that will have to wait for another trip down to this area.

you could wade...also you can rent kayaks...just letting you know

I've been looking around for places to do that too. We didn't rent a car and we are in southbeach so the beaches here are too crowded later on in the day. If you know any areas within walking distance or a short cab ride/walk of the ritz on south beach though I'd be interested in giving it a shot. I found someone do take us Friday morning but I'd be up for something on our own to try tomorrow or saturday.
    Last edited by joe cool; 07-23-2009 at 06:18 AM.

I see...South Beach is extremely good beach fishing...the key there is to be at or near the jetti and of course you need to be there early and late...rocks are totally slippery so be careful...also under all bridges are tarpon every night...you might consider getting on the bus and finding a canal for peacock bass...all canals will have them

+ Reply to Thread