+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idaho Fish-In, 2009

Default Idaho Fish-In, 2009

I haven't seen anything posted on the Idaho Fish-In this year. I spoke to Denny a few weeks ago and he seems to think it is during the week of September 19th.

My wife and I have flight reservations to arrive there on Sep 17th and plan to stay until the 24th. We hope some others will decide to come. If anyone has more information, please post here.
    God Bless America

Denny is right on the dates. VEE and I will be arriving a few days early to insure the rivers have fish in them, the water is really wet and other things that cohosts are supposed to do before the arrival of the main group. We will also be staying a few extra days to be sure that we have left enough fish to satisfy the locals, we didn't splash all the water out of the river beds, and so on.

Unfortunately, it looks like you'll be missing the traditional pot luck/cookout, but you'll be there for the majority of the fishing, campfire hooliganism and general mayhem. (Actually the most mayhemish thing we do is have Miss Lady chase a stick.)

Does your wife fish? VEE and the other ladies have a section of the river to themselves for a Ladies Only Fishing Day. They usually have a great time.

Look forward to meeting you in Lowell.

REE and VEE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Blog Entries

jcampbell, I plan on being there, possibly with a friend. Ask VEE where the best places are to fall in when you get there.

DG

Thanks for the information, but we have been there before and met both of you. Sorry I'm not more memorable. Look forward to being there for some of the FAOL stuff.
    God Bless America

The heck you're not!! You're the guy with the really kewl fly rod!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Now I remember! Thanks for jogging the memory banks, Betty. Believe me, it's the failing memory, not yourself. Also, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Blog Entries

Heck, I can barely remember trying to kill VEE And Gnu last time. Or was that the time before? Or was it... OOH SHINY!

DG

I suspect with the hard times, the turnout will be lower than in some years, but many good folks will be there, and the fire will still be there to sit around, and the fish will still rise to caddis and PMDs and...

My screaming deal on the rental car I had last year is no more. Sigh.

hmmmmm........ i just might get to attend this.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

mnklagoon,

Have I met you at a previous Fish-In? My memory isn't what it used to be. Also, my memory isn't what it used to be.

I do remember some great fishing spots in near Lowell and may even share them with you. If you can make it, bring tying stuff for the evening tying sessions in the rumpus room (exactly what is a rumpus) and for the BYOM Potluck/cookout, some form of meat (unless your a vegetarian). BYOM-Bring Your Own Meat.

At some point I'm sure you'll be invited to test cast almost every stick in the place, be invited to fish with just about everybody (stay away from DG, folks who fish with him fall in the river or break their arm), and be regaled by wild campfire tales of painting buffalo.

Hope to see you in Lowell.

REE

Thumbs up

A quote from Dianna " You had better start packing we leave for Lowell in 60 days"
    "Don't mess with the Mule, just load the wagon"
    David L
    Roseburg Or.

+ Reply to Thread