+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stolen Rods/Reels in Central Newfoundland

Default Stolen Rods/Reels in Central Newfoundland

Just for the slim hope that any information is available. Myself and two friends from university decided to take some time from school to go salmon fishing for the weekend on the Exploits River in Bishops Falls, NL. We tented in a place called Fallsview Park right next to the river. We had three fishing outfits stolen from our camp site at around 4 am. Others in the park said there were two guys snooping around the sites and getting into trucks. The rods and reels were stolen in the morning on July 18th.

The three outfits are

Sage Launch 2 pc. Rod 9 foot 8 wt
    Teten Tioga Reel black 8LA
    Black Streamside 2 pc. Rod 9 foot 9 wt Black
    Sage 1880 reel
    Brown Streamside 2 pc. Rod 9 foot 9 wt
    Compaq Reel looks exactly like a Pfluger Medalist 9/10 wt

It is really awful that someone would do this, it almost ruined our trip but we didn't let it. However we are all thinking about how we will get equipment to be able to finish the season.

Thanks
    Last edited by Fly Tyer; 07-21-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Anyone with info about this or if anyone finds someone trying to unload this stuff I would appreciate a message. Thanks so much,

Phil

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Unhappy Deeply saddened to hear this news.

Hi Fly Tyer,

I'm very sorry to hear about the theft of your equipment. It seems like every place with good fishing has a predator waiting to take someone's hard-earned equipment. I'm glad that you were able to get some pleasure out of the trip. It certainly would have ruined my experience. Why do we never have an Ayatollah around when we need one. Good luck with your search? 8T

Sorry to hear this. It really sucks! Theives should still be stoned... This is why I always lock up my stuff at night, esp. in an established FS campground. My dog will usually alert us to anything/anyone unusual coming through our camp. 14+1 in .45 speaks loudly without saying a word if needed.

My FIL had a pair of waders stolen on a trip once while they were airing out overnight, and it DID ruin it for him, as there wasn't anywhere close enough to buy new ones in a size large enough for him (peak season).

Theives SUCK!!!
    "Engineers don't idle well."

Sorry to hear, I remember you looking forward to that sage to match your new reel.
    Barnes

Thanks man!

I really loved that rod. I wanted to get one after you told me about the one you use. I took it out a few times to the salmonier but then this was its first real trip for some serious salmon fishing and it saw only one salmon hooked! Anyways man I hope you are doing well and I hope your summer has been a great one.

I know that park...can't say I'm surprised. I don't know too many folks in that neck of the woods but I'll spread it around.

Brad

Thanks Brad I appreciate it! hows the fishing on your end of the island? The rivers around here have been closed up due to river conditions.

All the best,

Phil

Well actually, I'm not on that island anymore. I needed a change of direction in life and decided to hitch a ride to BC. I'm living in (the other) Victoria.Setting up a new life and career hasn't allowed me to wet a line yet this entire summer but the good thing about BC is the fishing goes on year round!

+ Reply to Thread