I have a 12ft v-hull that I fish with sometimes. I prefer my pontoon with an electric motor, but I use the boat quite a bit when I bring others along.

I wouldn't put a casting deck in a boat this size... maybe a flat wooden floor floor with a seat mounted.

I have temporary seats that I mount at the small bow seat and at the back of the boat and I can cast just fine from these w/out too much trouble. Standings harder, but still do-able.

The biggest single improvement I made was a custom stripping apron for the boat. Cheap and easy, just a couple of bungees and your material of choice stretched between the area you generally flyfish at(inside the boat). I too have rod holders mounted on each side. I use two anchors as well, though I use a drift sock alot, too.

Just a quick thanks to LoTech Jo. I have a very slight, yet nagging leak in my boat... probably from a rivet or seam (it's old). It only shows up when I have enough weight in the back... ie.. it doesn't leak a bit with the electric motor and me, but once I put on the 5hp it starts. Since the previous owner had taken the time to carpet the boat, I wasn't relishing peeling it back and cleaning it to epopxy the leak area. I'd rather just use Jo's idea and apply the epoxy to the outside. With a 5hp I'm not setting any speed records, so any micro drag I might add will be of minimal impact.

Later all...

Jambalaya