+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw a Beaver

John,

One of the reasons I avoid crowded fishing places is the usual lack of wildlife in such places. As Joe said "There's more to fishing than fishing." If it ever gets to be just about fishing, I think I'll try to redeem myself by giving away all my gear !!

Can I be first in line.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    John,

One of the reasons I avoid crowded fishing places is the usual lack of wildlife in such places. As Joe said "There's more to fishing than fishing." If it ever gets to be just about fishing, I think I'll try to redeem myself by giving away all my gear !!

Can I be first in line.
    Certainly, Joe.
    The fish are always right.

Never share stories of seeing Beaver when your supposed to fishing...just a thought.

Return to the family friendly site begins...NOW!

I see a beaver almost every time I fish here in Arkansas and Tennessee.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Cold Guest

Just last night I was fishing in an unfamiliar section of a familiar stream. Last year they did a bank-restoration project upstream and turned this area from riffles with deeper holes into 3" deep pebbly water, and now it's nice and deep, but all mud. A shame, really, but I digress.

I managed to find a few risers in the slow, silty water, but still wasnt having any luck, when I saw some movement upstream. I watched as a deer walked down to the water, looked both ways as if crossing a street, then slowly worked her way across, taking a break in the middle for a drink of water from the clearer riffles that lead into the pool.

I never stopped casting, but she didn't seem to mind, as she gave me a look, but never really "locked on" like a nervous whitetail usually does.

Last summer, I had the cool experience of having a feathered fishing buddy, a big great blue heron, meet me in the same fishing hole for about a week. Most days, he'd beat me in quantity, but I'd edge him in size. He wasn't much for C&R though...

Eventually, one day, I hooked a big one, upstream, nearly to where he was wading. The fish made a powerful run right toward him and jumped. Scared the bajeezus out of the heron, who took off, with that horrible sounding call...and never fished with me again after that, always choosing to wade up around the next bend.

Blog Entries

Just thought I'd post some pics from recent day out on the water....and of the gentleman who thought his home waters might be better kept private LOL LOL....

Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 09-14-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

7. Default

Reminds me of a few years back when me and a buddy took a couple day float trip down the S branch of the Potomac River in WV. Anyways, we were anchored up in our kayaks in front of the campsite when a decent size tree came crashing down in the water between the 2 yaks-scared the **** out of us. Shortly after a beaver came crashing down the hillside into the water, he swam out between us and grabbed his tree and continued down stream with it. Awesome sight!!

+ Reply to Thread