My fishing buddy, Buzz and his wife, Betty have spent the last month camped at Henry's Lake in Island Park, Idaho. The fishing started off slow, but has redeemed itself during the last couple of weeks. They had early success with a midge pattern drifted under a strike indicator with the wave action giving the fly the movement it needed to get the fish feeding. They dropped two flies, one a bead-head for weight and then the midge pattern as a dropper and were using 12 to 15-foot leaders to get to where the fish were.
Buzz caught a whopper as reported by John Scott earlier, an 11-lb Cutthroat that was chock full of just midges.
This past week they have had more success, with Brook Trout making up the majority of the fish caught. Most on midges, but some on scuds (size #16 olive/gray), and some on an old Henry's Lake favorite the Mighty Mouse(a leech imitation, or maybe a Dragonfly imitation).
Reports from Jimmy's All Seaon Anglers in Idaho Falls say that the annual Damselfly hatch is just beginning so this may be an option for some of you who can get here. Here's the link: http://jimmysflyshop.com/

Anyway, Buzz just got the pics to me so I'll share them here. Enjoy!

Here's another look at the 11 pounder:

Also another view for effect (can you believe how fat this fish is?! Only midges in it's stomach):

Here's the bug that did the job on most of the fish, even the bruiser:

Another nice Cutt:

More pics to come in the next post.

Kelly.