My son and I spent the weekend above Reudi Reservoir on the Frying Pan the "not for prime time" waters, as I like to cast without hitting elbows with other fishermen.

There were distinct hatches of caddis and PMDs, and nearly constant swarming midge hatches. At times hatches turned off and the fish immediately quit feeding on the surface. I had a magical half hour one night with a ant pattern. Comparadun PMD patterns worked best in 14 to 18. Small caddis with grey bodies in 16 were good, and worked best between hatches... No hoppers yet. I didn't do well with brief nymph use.
Streamers were of little value.

The water was at an excellent level and made me use every casting technique I knew
to work it carefully. It's a beautiful area and the high campground sits on an excellent stretch of river. Take your float tube, there's a ~15 acre reservoir in the upper camp ground that abounded with damsels.

Fish ran up to 22"during hatches or with the magical ant fly. We had a blast. I suggest hitting a fly shop and getting the impregnated map of the Roaring Fork and Frying Pan Rivers as it very clearly delineates public access.

Take your bamboo and don't forget the beverages!
Dana