Well a good friend of mine Floyd, reunited with me this past weekend to head out for some smallies on the Grand River near Wilkes Dam and maybe some trout on trib to split the day up located near by.

Well a cloudy day started things off as we got the rods ready and geared up for what was to be a great day out between two buddys, a day full of laughs and stories from what the sport of fly fishing brings to the both of us.

We got out on the water and sure enough the storms started rolling in and well with the rain gear in the van. The rain actually was refreshing and no sooner the sun was back out and we were dry in no time.

After no luck at first fishing clousers, we headed back upto the truck as the next storm began rolling in to get the rain gear and a local says, "black woolly buggers."
Of course when in doubt put on a Woolly Bugger. So Floyd and I worked the water and maybe our way down stream, working the water in and out with our sink tips lines.
Then bang, my first bass on a fly, nothing huge but the guy sure did give a fight. This brought light to the both of us.

As we headed down further I was slighty in front of Floyd and seen a nice slow pool just off the side so I decided to cast into it and let my line sink just off the drop off and wow that was the right call. As I pulled three fish out of that hole, two beauties and a little guy.

So I got Floyd into the hole and said work it man I need to get you into a fish, well I think the "darkside" had a jinx on him. He did have some hits though which was nice to see.

To break the day up we headed over to a trib that is holding water for browns and specs. I managed to give the day some laughter as I left my wading belt on the door mirror and it flew off onto the highway. Well it got a good review as it managed to get hit by one car and the plastic held up. Thank you to Simms for quality craftsmanship. I wondered to myself what people thought when a guy was running down the street in the city in wading boots and waders. Also I would like to thank Korkers for the ultimate traction and for the light boot as it made running a bit easier for me. The boot I was in was the Guide version.

Well it was a change for sure with beautiful runs and pools, cool waters and only two others fisherman to be see. Just wonderful, we managed a few rises but no hook-ups. The day began to heat up so we called it a day on the trib and headed back to see if we could get some luck on some bass.

With temps rising and a high population of anglers the fishing pretty much shut down for the late afternoon, so we decided to pack it up for the day and head home. Which was a good call as we encountered a storm with heavy rain.

Nonetheless, a great day on the water with a good friend indeed, can't wait for the next one buddy.

Pictures to come soon!!

Mike