+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NC Outer Banks Mid August?

Hybrid View

Default NC Outer Banks Mid August?

Hi all. I am heading to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke) with the family mid-August. Are there any fly fishing opportunities there at that time of year? What can I expect? Any tips/guidance/advise would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

Ask that question on this board. http://www.fishtradewinds.com/ I always surf fish when son and I go there but not with fly rods.

Whether or not you can get to the inlets will depend on the amount of beach that the NPS and Audubon has closed for "their birds". Beach access could be an issue in some areas.

Tradwinds Tackle shop has a good bunch of people there that will give you as much info as they can. Alan and Melinda are the owners.

George

Go to Outer Banks Fly Fishing hosted by Capts Brian Horsley and Sarah Gardner. Everything you need to know. If you are looking for guides they are top notch. Oregon Inlet area is where most people will start their Banks ff experience, but Ocracoke is well know for its redfish. If you are new to the salt, the aforementioned web site will be a great starting point in your research to area, equipment, ect...the banks are great and have a good time!!!

+ Reply to Thread