+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fishing around the jordan river, michigan

1. Default fishing around the jordan river, michigan

Just thought I'd share some photos with you guys of the trip that I just got back from yesterday. We were staying in Northwest Michigan and I mainly fished a small tributary, a bigger river, and the Jordan river. I started off fishing the trib, and did probably everyday of the trip, as we were staying right next to it. Here's the biggest brook trout of the trip, although I lost two that I'm pretty sure were bigger, it was a great fish nontheless.

The creek.

The creek again at the spot where a real nice rainbow was landed. Can you guess where he was?

Here he is. He ate a size 14 adams tied by yours truly.

We fished "the bigger river" multiple times throughout the trip. This is where I hooked one of the "bigger brook trout" but failed to land. It's gorgeous through here. This is a natural preserve upstream from the access point. It's not the easiest place to fish though. There are about a million places fish could be and it gets hit fairly hard.

Downstream from the access.

And a prize.

And another from a different day. Strangely, it was the only brown trout of the trip. He was small, but a gorgeous fish as well.

The last day, we hit the jordan river at old state road. I waded upstream quite a ways and hit the canoe hatch in full swing. I did okay but could've caught a lot more fish. I missed lots of strikes but i guess it was just one of those days. Here's looking downstream a ways upstream from the access point.

And the final prize of the trip.

These are just a few of the pictures I took and I hope you enjoyed them. Get out and go fishing.

Wow that area is so nice looking, I would never go home..great pics and thanks for showing the fish!

I love the Jordan River valley. It's a great place to camp and fish. I hope to get there again sometime this year.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Thumbs up

JW -

Great series of pics and report.

John

P.S. There used to be a limit of four pics per post. You got by with TEN. Wondering if they changed the program, or if you got a special dispensation ??!!
    The fish are always right.

Great post, fantastic pics and some beautiful scenery. Can't ask for much more...

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Great report and awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. I think if I went there I would have a hard time going back home.

Hey John , with pictures that nice I think we should let him slide on this one.

Beautiful place to fish. Thanks for taking us along with you. Great series of pics.

Thanks
    Beaver

8. Default

thanks guys. i did have a hard time going home. i actually had to leave a day early believe it or not, but i've survived so far. john, i think they changed the limit because i actually had more like 11 or 12 pictures but it told me I could only have 10.

+ Reply to Thread