+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pontoon boat air pump

Hybrid View

Normand Guest

Default pontoon boat air pump

i just inflated my new pontoon with a hand pump and wont do that again

any recommendations on a 12 volt high velocity pump??
    Last edited by Normand; 07-05-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Yeah Norm, there are a lot of cigar lighter and battery clip types out there. And ours came with both (an adapticator thingy)
    I'd die trying to inflate the kids towables on the pontoon boat!
    Here's some links:
    Cabelas offering

Overton's offerings Type in Inflators.
    Overton's 12 volt $49.95 offering

For a few. I don't know what mine is, except it's blue, it works good, and they inflate and deflate your air toys. That deflation mode is great for packing stuff away!

I'm sure there are a lot more offerings out there.
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

This just gets me on the notification list...good question...

I bought an electric pump at Dick's sporting goods. It was about 20 bucks The box says "FUEL Electric Pump DC 12 Volt Inflator/Deflator." I also bought a hand pump at Cabela's for topping off the pontoons.

I used my Creek Company ODC Classic today for the first time and used the hand inflator at the lake because I was sitting kind of low and getting my butt wet. I

I really like the new pontoon... next stop will be moving water.

Roy

I answered this on the other forum, but again for others. It is a bit pricy, but worth every penny.
    The LVM. sold at Cabela's for one and NFO. Like I said, expensive but I have had mine for over 10 years, beat the crap out of it, in fact part of it is now a harden epoxy.

I can pump up my 10 1/2' Outlaw in 1 1/2 minutes and have videoed it. Still have to top it off with 2 or 3 pumps on the double action or 5 on my K-Pump.
    I use it with one of those small rechargeable batteries then I use it for my sonar.

Oh, one more thing.....it is small so very portable. Bout the size of a regular can of beer or soda.

FG...what "small rechargeable battery"?

Blog Entries

My electric pump won't pump air into the toon once it gets about a quarter full. Really annoying, that is. I use a hand pump to make up the difference between the transport inflation and the use inflation each time I hit the lake. If it wasn't for the 4300 foot difference between the lakes and the house, I would leave the thing full.

Exercise, yes, but a) I need it and b) it aint worth a hunnerd bucks just to save two minutes of pumping at ten thousand feet.

DG, the LVM stops a little short of fully inflated. As you say a couple of HAND pumps. I prefer that personally. I had a friend that had a pump with the gauge and everything. Blew up his toon twice.
    I don't trust electric pumps all the way and GAUGES.
    My gauge is my hand.
    I got the same pump as Normand (thanks by the way) coming and I would say more like 1/3 the price. Great to have a back up. Our old one has seen better days after 15 years.

I'm with FG...my gauge is my hand...and DG if you make that trip often I'll bet you are able to estimate low altitude inflation so when you get there you are close to optimal inflation.

I guess all our situations are different but I must say I can't remember the last time I had to top off....I inflate with a shop air compressor and head out....there is a certain leeway and it's not rocket science....[note I didn't say "rocket surgery"].

I like how this Rule pump has been touted...[DG your experience is like mine ...the cheep ones don't do the job]....a good back up is a good idea....so Joni how did you get it for 1/3 Norm did?????

No, the one Normand posted is 1/3 the price of the original one we bought several years ago from Anglers Inn. Like the price of the one Cabela's offers. Normands is 1/3 the price.
    I have had two friends order one also.
    I pretty much just use the Square attachment in the picture. Stick it right up to the Halkey Roberts valve and pump away. I do leave the valve open however, and then quickly close and finish with a K-Pump.

+ Reply to Thread