Thread: Who wrote this and when?

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Who wrote this and when?

Who wrote this and when was it written? I believe it is very relevant.....

" Admittedly, this is still an uncommon attitude, but it is growing in the face of reality. There is slow acceptance of the idea that if a man does not practice conservation in sport, he is not likely to practice it in other ways, and when the equation is carried out to the very end he finds that it is really his own habitat that he is trying to conserve.

And so the lesson is that man and the fish must coexist, that the angler should use the resource but not use it up, that success need not be measured by the number of the kill, and that every care should be taken to guard the wild heritage of Salmon and Trout so that these best examples of nature's work shall not vanish from the earth. And Fly Fishing, with all its other inherent pleasures, is the method-and the philosophy- most consistent with this noble purpose."

Steve Raymond, ?The Year of the Angler?, winter chapters, 1973

Agreements, counter arguments?

Have a glass of wine (red) and think about it for a while?

Last edited by flyfishfairwx; 07-03-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada