+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !st Report from 09 MIFI

Hybrid View

Default !st Report from 09 MIFI

O.K.
    Here's our first report, not much mind you need to save it for the final report.
    Weather has been cold and wet. Hex came off at 3;00 monday afternoon.
    At Comings Flats you dont even need a fly to catchem.
    Miss those who aren't here.
    And here's some pic's.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/j...view=slideshow

Watch in the Weekly Magazine for further explanation's on the pic's...Be Patient now

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Thanks for the report bdesavage, always nice to put face with name, hope weather gets good for fish-in. I have a feeling you will all have a great time anyway.
    Good luck everyone with the fishing

What the H*LL did you do to bring out the bomb squad!!!!????

Now, had that taken place at the Grayling Lodge, I'd of just figured Joe brought his jalepino peppers (ABT's)!

What a bunch of wild and crazy people!! Man ... I really miss you all!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default Wild and Crazy Days

Bety,

That was the second day in a row that we (Bill & I) had excitement. On Monday as we were leaving for me to take Bill to work, I heard a voice on a loud speaker, and looked down the street from our house and saw all kinds of police cars, the SWAT team, and crime tape. They had been in a stand off since 1:30 AM with a guy, they ended up having to use tear gas to get him out-no one was hurt.

Then on Tuesday when we pulled into the Woodland motel in Grayling for the fish-in, there was a state patrolman sitting there. We didn't think too much of it, just thought he was watching for speeders on the highway. Well, we unloaded the truck and then left to get supper.

When we came back, ready to relax for a while, there were two police cars blocking the drive of the motel. It turns out, just before we got there earlier they had had to have a drunk problem maker hauled away. When he was in the jail he started spouting about making bombs, so they had to come back out and call out the bomb squad.

We sat in the parking lot of the bank next to the motel and watched as they unloaded the robot. Then Bill got out the binoculars and watched what the robot was doing on the monitor in the bomb squad's truck. He was excited about watching it as it was going on. He saw as the robot pulled out the drawer of a night stand, and when it fell, two pipe bombs rolled out. They had to put them in the big bomb disposal tub and haul them away.

We finally got to go to our room about 11 PM, after having been up since 5:30AM and baking 7 dozen chocolate chip cookies (and going to bed at 1:30AM). Boy was I tired, but too excited to sleep.

I'm glad it's been quiet ever since. Never a dull day with the DeSavages!
    Jean

Fly tying supplies make the best quilt embellishments!

Flyfish4troutguy Guest

Wish I had my passport already done or I would have been there. Looks like a great time for sure. They must have thought Deb (mato) brought some goodies over with her from Canada.
    Hope you guys are having a great time and tightline.

Mike

As an attendee, I can honestly say I had a great time. The fishing was GREAT. The catching ,however, left a little bit to be desired. Most of "them" caught fish in double digit numbers except for me. "Yesterday" they were biting and "about an hour ago" was also GREAT, was what I was told.
    The 4th pf July cook-out was delicious. Hot dogs and hamburgers prepared by Jack H and Joe V were pure gourmet, and, of course, the camaraderie made it a real fun time. Afterwards we held a casting contest instigated by Brad ( Kaboom) et al, with an EXTREMELY difficult course and obstacles. I'm proud to state that the cream came to the top in the intense competition. I WON!.
    Thanks to all who took time to make this a fun time for all. Jean, Bill, Brad ,Bill and all attendees, THANK YOU. Lord willing, we'll do it again next year.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    What the H*LL did you do to bring out the bomb squad!!!!????

Now, had that taken place at the Grayling Lodge, I'd of just figured Joe brought his jalepino peppers (ABT's)!

What a bunch of wild and crazy people!! Man ... I really miss you all!!
    Betty

Everyone got excited...it was only a couple of my friends showing up to try their hand at trout fishing. I told them to bring the Dupont Spinners...you knpw they work anywhere.

I must be off...

Brad

I hope some one of the "Officials" explained to the bomb builder that kind of fishing is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Max

GAWD!! I'm still laughing!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I hope some one of the "Officials" explained to the bomb builder that kind of fishing is UNACCEPTABLE.
    When will people ever learn? Buggers, not bombs!

Ed

P.S. When standing in the break area at work, discussing the hatching of "blue-wing olives" can draw curious stares from non-flyfishers... Martini?
    Last edited by EdD; 07-17-2009 at 05:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread