+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues

Default Issues

Within reason and using the "reasonableness factor" is the forum a place to discuss both bad and good or only good?

If a complaint or negative issue is not directed at an individual but a company or practice, even one of the sponsors on the site, can we discuss it or is it off limits?

Of course the "reasonableness factor" is relative.

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Mornin' Halo......
    I believe the "sound off" forum here is intended for just that sort of thing...
    "reasonabless" and decorum no doubt are required. I've seen things perceived as problems at first get resolved there..........................ModocDan

My thought, and it's only my thought, is that a perceived indiscretion should be directed at the individual/company that has made said perceived indiscretion, FIRST and IN A PRIVATE MANNER. That failing ... and the majority of the time it won't fail ... then alternate measures could be made, within the good tastes and general rules of the board involved.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

"Sound Off (4 Viewing)
    Gripes and Grumbles, Hurrahs and atta-boys! Give your input on products you have tried, companies you have dealt with; a place to ask about a Company or product and get input from folks who have used it. All opinions are just that, take them or leave them. NO WAR, POLITICS, RELIGION, OR FLAMING"

Look to me like gripes and grumbles are allowed. I know I've posted a gripe or three here when personal action (e-mails, phone calls) didn't resolve any issues.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Great post. Good for you!

This post sux!

I think that pretty much sums things up
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

We will respect and defend your right to be wrong.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Normand Guest

just because a fly shop or a manufacturer is a sponsor, it doesnt make them bulletproof to criticism and should be fair game. none of them are 100% perfect. maybe if they read the gripes and grumbles about them it will inspire them to be a little more conscious of customer service than they were before.

Then it must be originally presented in a venue where the individual/company/sponsor will see it. If that individual/company/sponsor is not in the habit of frequenting the board where the infraction is noted, what good will it do towards relieving the problem?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Then it must be originally presented in a venue where the individual/company/sponsor will see it. If that individual/company/sponsor is not in the habit of frequenting the board where the infraction is noted, what good will it do towards relieving the problem?
    Oh, I'd listen.
    It might deter folks and FLM (farts like me) from doing business with said same company.
    After my own application of my own "reasonableness factor" concerning the postie of said same whining.

(In other words, just because something might PO the said whiner does in no way construe that I will take said whines as gospel. Just like I take readers reviews with a grain of rock salt. Some folks don't know which end of a nail to hit, know what I mean?)
    Sonny Edmonds

"If I don't teach them, how will those Grand Kids learn to fish?"
    Lesson 1: What catches fish Vs: What catches fisherman's money.

+ Reply to Thread