+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Product...

Default New Product...

Recently i found a new product that help my fly fishing experience tremendously. Its Called the Reel Creel...

Has anyone else had any experience with it?

I haven't heard of it. Are you selling it and, if so, have you considered becoming a sponser on this site or could you point us toward a seller?

I am not associated with the product or the owners, but I have one that was donated to a friend of mine that has problems with her hands. I took it to the fish_in and showed it off to some of the guys and gals. This is a great looking product and I think that when my friend gets to try it she will love the ability to have something hold the reel when she is trying to untangle or work on the fly ect.
    It even came with a stand that allows you to place you rod inside and out of the dirt. I sent him an e-mail because it would not fit us larger guys and he had even thought of that and has an extension for the rig. If you want information about it 1-800-917-4470
    [url=http://www.thereelcreel.com:e4d86]http://www.thereelcreel.com[/url:e4d86]
    The owner is our own Thomas Morgan
    I think he should become a sponsor also.

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 26 February 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 26 February 2005).]

Too many trees to be of much use where I live, but it looks like it would be great for open areas.

This product would not be much use when traveling from place to place along the river, but I can see where it would be very handy when wading, as I have fallen several times with rod in hand. It's a wonder I've never broken a rod, altho I have banged up a nice Orvis Battenkill reel, and have had to take it apart midstream to wass out some grit that found its way in when I fell.

Harold,

It would not do too well in the mangroves I had to go thru last week. But looks as tho it would work well for those long hikes I have done down in Virginia.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    I can't pretend to know what I don't, so I won't.
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:e0af6]FlyReelDots.com[/url:e0af6]
    FAOL Sponsor
    FAOL DOTS are now available
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Far be it from me to ask a brand new member why his first post is about some contraption that costs $59.95, so welcome to this board VTangler.

Jerry;

Since I use a vest I am not sure it would be any use to me, plus I have the strip basket. Since I have had one in my hand I can say it is well made, and would be great for someone to hold the rod while doing something else. I know it will help my friend with the hand problem.

Harold

+ Reply to Thread