Here in NY we are having a very rainy June, the rainiest since '72. But I think the trout must be smiling since most streams are well above normal flows for this time of year. Anyway this has kind of expanded the opportunity to fish for them as by now most streams would be pushing upper temp limits for stressing trout and I would be switched over to the smallies. Anyway last night I cruised around looking for a fishable stream and either found most at good flow but too colored or too high altogether. I fished a couple anyway, but no hatches, no activity, only a couple attempted takes.

Finally decided to head to a smaller high gradient stream that might be more fishable and contains only wild fish. The flow was much better with only a slight stain, but again no bugs. Made several passes with some caddis patterns and then switched over to some wets. Bang! Bang! Bang! One wet in particular was the "Hot" pattern, the Panman Special. You'll have to ask him what it is, but I can tell you it works! Just ask a hatfull of 9-11" wild brownies! Sorry no photo ops, camera went plunk on the first photo. Hope it recovers!