+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Saturday Saturday

we should be good getting there at 0545. by the time we get rigged up it will be 6. can't remember, but i don't think it is gated.

Why do I get the feeling that if I haven't fished Hartell yet, I've been missing out?

Tom

"Looks like the area is not officially open until 6:00 a.m."

SUMBEACH

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

I was just out at Hartell talking with Dennis the area manager. He marked up a map with brush piles, rock structures, down trees and gulleys.
    He sugested we stay off Quiet Lake as there really isn't much happening there.
    Lunker Lake and Picnic Lake are the Large Mouth Bass lakes with a average Blue Gill.
    Redear and Quarry Lake are the Blue Gill lakes with 9 to 10" or larger Blue Gill.
    Picnic Lake has large Crappie with some ranging to 17 inches! There are also Cats and suprise Muskee! Dennis claimed jokingly it's an experiment, but there is a picture on the wall of him holding what looks like a 25 to 30 inch Muskee!

I asked him what his favorite flies were and he suggested anything black! Leach paterns, wooly buggers. Black and buggy While he did say big Gills will take shad paterns and steamers!
    As far as hours of operation showing up early I don't think violates the hour of operation as long as we are not fishing ;p
    Steven Adler

Quote Originally Posted by dpenrod View Post
    we should be good getting there at 0545. by the time we get rigged up it will be 6. can't remember, but i don't think it is gated.
    There is no gate!

east 116 to highway 33 north to 280th street first turn on the left! It's on rain or shine!
    Steven Adler

i have caught a 14" and a 13" crappie at picnic lake and several catfish and smaller bass. never a muskie but that would be a hoot. i have had good luck at lunker lake, but usually by this time it is completely covered in weeds. several good bluegill at quarry lake and lots of smaller bass. never had much luck on redear for some reason. i have tied up several black dragonfly nymph looking things that i always have pretty good luck on.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanxxxv View Post
    I was just out at Hartell talking with Dennis the area manager. He marked up a map with brush piles, rock structures, down trees and gulleys.
    He sugested we stay off Quiet Lake as there really isn't much happening there.
    Lunker Lake and Picnic Lake are the Large Mouth Bass lakes with a average Blue Gill.
    Redear and Quarry Lake are the Blue Gill lakes with 9 to 10" or larger Blue Gill.
    Picnic Lake has large Crappie with some ranging to 17 inches! There are also Cats and suprise Muskee! Dennis claimed jokingly it's an experiment, but there is a picture on the wall of him holding what looks like a 25 to 30 inch Muskee!

I asked him what his favorite flies were and he suggested anything black! Leach paterns, wooly buggers. Black and buggy While he did say big Gills will take shad paterns and steamers!
    As far as hours of operation showing up early I don't think violates the hour of operation as long as we are not fishing ;p
    Steven Adler

Dennis has sprayed the weeds and thought it would be mostly cleared by Saturday. Looks like it was dying pretty fast. He thought it would be mostly cleared by the 4th!

I am so pumped!!!!! I went on a bit of a tying binge today.... needless to say I think we'll be covered in the fly department!!! Rain or shine I'll be there, the only thing that will keep me off the water will be lightning, something about waving around a 9' graphite lightning rod while standing next to the water... just doesn't sound like odds I'm willing to take.

Steve

OK you guys. This is absolutely going to take lots of pictures to cure those of us who aren't going. Half the population of FAOL is salivating all over their keyboards.
    Instant Fish-In; Just add water and mix.
    How awesome.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I promise to take plenty of pics... but I may need someone to show me how to upload them to the board, I haven't figured all that out yet. I hope we get inot some goodd fish, but if not then hey at least it's a good time with a few new good friends right....???

+ Reply to Thread