The "pictures of Paul", I believe were explained!? "This, IS after all, A FAMILY SITE"! Also, the Paul in question, doesn't have the extra cash flow to replace the $55,347.19 digital camera that Jeff was using on this trip, had his picture been taken.
"Nice camera, Jeff!" I remarked while taking a few of the above snaps. "Oh, it's just my "junker-fishing-travel-camera" that's waterproof, 904 gig, auto focus, 12,000,000 zoom........... you know, Flybinder, the usual old "junk" we corporate execs have for trips like this so we don't ruin our "good stuff"."
Anyway...........due to weather restrictions the first couple of days, of Jeff and Daniel's arrival, (Once he FINALLY realized that "yes, you DO have to board the airplane in order to arrive at your destination"), we didn't get to catch up to one trip I had planned for the both of them to hopefully enjoy.............a trip with Bishop, (my fishing partner of 36+ years") myself and Henry Hoffman to fish Henry's private warm water ponds and connecting trout stream. Finally, however, the day before their departure, we did make it.
Naturally, as he'd proven several times previous while here.................... Daniel was kind enough to show his father how to not only "cast, mend, lay out line, etc", but also how to actually CATCH fish. Sadly, Henry managed to shame us all by landing a 17" Largemouth. We all caught fish; B-Gills, Cutts and Bass, but nothing close to Henry's LM!

On a more "serious note"................. Jeff and I had talked about "what's it going to be like, to actually meet someone you've only "met" on the Internet, exchanged emails with and a few phone calls and then you spend quite a chunk of cash, a week's vacation time, etc. etc. etc. and THEN??????????????
Well, I've met and fished with many, many, people in my 30 plus odd years at this sport and I've managed to "tolerate a few", "really enjoyed a few" and "a few bodies will NEVER be found". Meeting Jeff and Daniel for the first time and HOPEFULLY show them a decent time on their first visit to the state of Oregon?
VERY honestly, I wish we would have had TWO full weeks to fish together!!
I have gained a remarkable new and dear friend and one could not ask for a better fishing partner. Daniel,who is14, is also one of the finest young men I've ever met.
ANY father, (or of course, Mother!), would be not only "proud", but I think equally "blessed" to have a son of this young man's quality. True, he DOES HAVE a certain "problem", after eating spicy foods, we sadly found out while traveling around in my enclosed van, but hey.............
We didn't catch "a lot of fish", we didn't catch "huge fish". Still, my entry for this past week with these two into my fishing log, ran 4 pages just for the fun we had on each outing!