Saturday- I wake up as usual 5am. The air smells good, the dawn is well advanced and I hear the first of the morning birdsongs. Ah, it is going to be another perfect day to go fishing. Tiptoeing around so I do not disturb my still snoring husband and our houseguest, my brother-in-law.I slip out to the porch to enjoy that first cup of coffee and watch the rest of the world awaken. The doe and her fawn that live amidst our hemlock walk past nodding a quick hello. The humming bird darts in for a quick sip while the new bunnies come out of the honeysuckle to chase each other in circles around the yard. Now all I have to do is quietly gather up my stuff and sneak away to the stream.
One last look around the yard and I am outta here. But wait, what do I see? The lawn needs to be mowed and the weed eater sent on the attack. there are some other chores that need to be done outside too. Okay, be an adult. Your husband has worked hard all week, you on the other hand, have fished every day.Alright check the weather, Sunday is supposed to be perfect too.You can do this you have tomorrow. Go to the garden shed to get the lawn mower out, rapid retreat. A Blue Racer has taken up resisdence in a corner of the shed. Drag poor overworked spouse to the shed to safely remove the lawn mower. Three hours later almost done, stop by the house to get a quick drink before finishing the last acre. Run in the house, chug down some water and race back out to waiting lawn mower. Get stopped in my tracks at the end of the porch, three foot black snake has decided to sun itself between the lawn mower and me. Yell for unsuspecting brother-inlaw to come out and take care of the snake.( I figured my husband deserved a break.) Snake wrangling 101 ensues. Excitement over, back to the lawn mower. Finish up the rest of the chores and pat myself on the back for being a responsible, mature, adult who despite obstacles has met the challenge and can enjoy a day of guilt free fishing.

But NO! I get up and the weather channel has gotten it wrong again.
The rain is pouring down, complete with the obligatory thunder and lightning.
That is it! From now on when the weather is good, I am going fishing. I don't care if I have to weed whack by moonlight! I am putting aside all good deeds and reverting to my true self, A Trout Bum. No more Mrs. Nice Guy.

Okay, that feels good to get that off my chest.