+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Need of Gudebrod Trimar Thread

Default In Need of Gudebrod Trimar Thread

I've been working on an old cheap bamboo fly rod that needs some rewrapping done. Ive ordered various threads from various places but haven't found anything yet that's close. I just came across some pics of wraps done with Gudebrod Trimar thread that "may" be what I'm looking for.

I've found many places that carry it but as I'm only looking for one spool (Green / Silver) to try it out I have a hard time spending $5.00 on shipping for a $2.50 spool of thread. I've searched Ebay but while there are a couple places adverstising Trimar thread, no one is advertising this particular color combination.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get a spool of this stuff at a reasonable shipping cost? Anyone ever contact some of the online suppliers to see if they'd give a break on shipping for something as small as this?
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

You probably wont find an actual supplier that will ship anything less than $5. Mainly because on something like a spool of thread they are only making about .50 cents profit so it's not worth their time to pack/ship something like that for less than $5 shipping.

Is the code for the green/silver you want 062? if so and you can wait a couple weeks then next time I place an order with my supplier (which will be in a couple weeks) I'll order you a spool and when my order gets here I can just drop it in a padded envelope and send you which probably wont cost more than about $2 shipping.

Steve

Thanks Steve - I appreciate the offer.

Yesterday I took an inventory of some fly-tying stuff and found I could use a few more materials so I'll probably get an order together and include the thread. Actually I probably DON'T need any more materials but it gives me an excuse to justify spending the $5.00 in shipping fees.
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

Blog Entries

Just a question : are you sure Trimar is what your looking for? Or are you in need of Classic twist thread? Trimar has metalic in it , classic does not.

Smernsky -

Definitely not classic twist. I bought some classic twist a few weeks ago but it wasn't the same color - too green. Then I found the Trimar. Looking at some of the web sites where this thread is offered that show the color pattern this "may" be the right stuff or at least close. The rod I'm working on is an old Crown bamboo. I don't know if the thread is original or if someone re-wrapped it. All I know is the wrapping is a teal green and silver twist.

I ended up ordering some green/silver Trimar from Anglers Workshop along with some other tying stuff. I threw in a spool of blue/silver too just for the heck of it.

If the Trimar isn't the right color, I may just strip off ALL the wraps and re-do the entire rod. At least I'm building up an inventory of thread
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

+ Reply to Thread