I sure have been having fun getting ready for the MIFI, and especially when I knew I would be rooming with Jack. Last year Jack teased that I could be his chef for this year, so I'm calling him out on that, and here are some of the meals I've planned:

Smothered Chicken with redskin potatoes in homemade gravy for Wednesday evening.

Pasta E Fagioli with fresh Italian bread for Thursday evening.

Bacon, eggs and fresh made English muffins with butter for breakfast one morning.

Bacon and pancakes with butter & syrup another morning.

Palacinka (Croatian roll-ups) filled with cottage cheese and blackberry preserves, topped with sour cream and dusted with powdered sugar, and possibly a side of bacon if there's any left.

Appetizer: ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds, aka jalapeno poppers) Jalapeno peppers seeded and deveined. Filled with a mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, wrapped in 1/2 slice of bacon. Pan fry until bacon is crispy and cheese begins to run)

I may find some fresh tilapia in town and do Panko crusted tilapia fillets with pan fried redskins on Friday evening. Depends on the schedule.

This should be fun cooking under the overhang on camp stoves and cast iron. I found out that Jack's favorite meal is the one somebody else makes, so I think he should like this menu. Heck, I might even have some time to go fishing. LOL