Fished the Henry's Fork for about four hours late afternoon and early evening today. All kinds of insects - brown drakes, PMD's, a couple different caddis - and bunches of them. Turned quite a few fish, maybe a dozen or so, and hooked a couple but didn't have them on very long. A deer hair caddis got about half the action and a black and white horse mane hair gray drake spinner got the other half.

So what is so great about getting skunked ?

I had some company.

Then, some more company.

Party time.

I stood in one place just a few feet off the trail, for about ten minutes, moving only to get out the camera and take pics on and off. The first two got within ten feet and then decided to play. Kind of like watching a couple kittens chase each other around and wrestle.

After about five minutes, number three waddled in on the action. Then the first two left, coming by me within just a few feet. Number three came off the trail, munching some greens, right at me. Got within just a couple feet before turning back to the trail.

I've been skunked many times fly fishing in many places. But I have never seen a skunk before while fishing, let alone been treated to three at time like today.

John