+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the weirdest thing....

Blog Entries

Default whats the weirdest thing....

Ok, ive seen many threads in the past about what the weirdest thing youve ever CAUGHT while fishing. and these are always fun. however i had an experience today that got me wondering: Whats the weirdest thing youve ever found inside a fish? i the fish is large enough, i almost always open up the belly to see what it ate. (i fish warmwater by the way) most fish seem to have either smaller fish, or crawfish in their guts. however i went out catfishing today (using chicken livers, please forgive me) and we did very well. so when i came home and started cleaning fish, and i was peeking in their bellies i found something odd in one. i didn't know what it was. it was partially digested and it had scales on it, but it also had one very long bone. i rinsed it off and moved it around a bit trying to figure out what on earth it was. and then i realized it. it was a goose leg. i dont know how it obtained such an item but there it was. and that got me wondering: what weird things have you ever found inside a fishes stomach, and what was the weirdest?

im looking forward to youre responses
    Last edited by DDRRedneck500; 06-26-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Default Hiwassee

On the Hiwassee tailwater in TN once I gutted a trout and found a 2 nymph rig in his gut, tippet still in tact. Toccoa River once yielded a trout belly whose gut looked like a rainbow because it had multiple blobs of different colors of powerbait and not one shred of anything else. Those aren't all too weird I don't guess. I am interested in to see what others say assuming everyone isn't strictly C&R

Blog Entries

Many moons ago when I was in my teens early in the day My buddy Bobby tossed a bright blue plastic covered wire twist tie about 1 inch long overboard. You could see it spiral downward in the clear water. My other friend said man that looks like it would have made a good fishing lure.

I was elected to clean the fish. While cleaning a nice rainbow I nicked the stomach to check on what the fish were eating and low and behold there was that bright blue wire tie. We all got a good laugh about that.

In Jasper National park my friend caught a very large pike that had a small muskrat in it.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Not really weird, but it was certainly memorable. When I was a kid fishing for LM bass in a private lake, my favorite lure was a large (8 inch) Jointed Pikey plug. I caught a bass around 16 inches long. When I got it in, I found a duckling in its gullet and two more in its stomach. It didn't have room to swallow the last duckling yet it was still eating.

Jim Smith

Default Duckling?

That is pretty wild if even not all that surprising. It might be hard to stomach but it might be cool to see that happen. I wonder if the bass ate them in rapid succession as they were following their mother

+ Reply to Thread