Thread: Hook and Hackle brand rods 5/6

Threaded View

Default Hook and Hackle brand rods 5/6

Just wanted to give a positive review of the H&H brand 5/6 9' 4pc rod. I bought one off of a member here (terry13111) and got to try it out today. A little bit faster than I am used to(seems like a true md/fast) but after getting the timing down I really started to enjoy fishing with it. Reminds me of a st. croix rod I had (premier?) and although I'm not certain I have a feeling that it might be made for H&H by them..well put togeher nicely done wraps etc. etc. I am using a wf6 windtaper with it and it responds well. I have also tried a wf5 and it made the rod quicker but casting distance was not a problem. Landed 2 10" smallies today on a #6 gurgler rod has plenty of backbone and I brought them to hand quickly and the rod casted very accurately and had no problem carrying alot of line in the air or loading short... TH\he best part is that they are on sale now for $49 which is 50% off(they also have a 7/8 for the same price) the other best part is that H&H is a great sponsor of this great site and I thought I would give them some free advertising.
    Janus
    Last edited by Janus; 06-24-2009 at 06:31 PM.