+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fly Tying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flyman 3 View Post
    john did you buy at clemens in allentown, they had a lot of that color when i was stocking my shop, i will check to see if i have some. i think it was called primrose. i did have a bag of 25 if didn't sell them. i got out of the shop when big box came to hamburg. flyman 3
    No, I don't think I got that color at Clemens. I did get a few things there a number of years ago, but more than likely rod building items. Let me know if you find that bag -- hope you still have it.

John

Default Thread

Quote Originally Posted by John Rhoades View Post
    I would like to buy a spool or several spools of 8/0 fly tying thread like that pictured on the left side of the picture below. I'd also buy a spool or two in 6/0 if available.

The trouble is, I do not know for sure what brand it is, or what color it is/was called. I think it is Danville's pre-waxed thread, but I'm not certain. I've had this spool for a number of years (it was probably a 200 yd spool) and it is nearly gone, and although I looked in several fly shops no one had any of this specific color.

For the color contrast, the spool in the middle is UNI-Thread in Rust Brown, and the spool on the right is Benecchi's, presumably in Orange.

If you have any of this for sale, you can email me at flyfisher_17557@yahoo.com, or PM me here. Likewise I'd appreciate knowing where I can buy this from a fly shop.

As always, thank you.

John
    Looks to be a ORVIS thread, look there.

+ Reply to Thread