Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
John,

I have some old Danville spools in that are colored grey, green and white. They have four spokes inside the spool, which seems unique to Danville. The green and grey ones are probably 30 years old. That spool looks like it may be an old Danville spool. Maybe call Danville and see if it is an older color that they discontinued. Good Luck.

Beaver
My thread has 4 spokes inside the spool, and after reading your post, I see that I have many 4 spoked spools of thread. While most of mine are white colored spools, I see from a quick look that I also have a couple orange colored spools that contain 8/0 (I think) thread in Light Brown and Pale Yellow. I suspect that I bought many of those spools of thread about the same time that I got the Yellowsish-Orange colored thread that I"m looking for.

GAWD, I didn't think I'd had it for 30 years! Am I THAT old?

I love that color!! I think I'll follow your suggestion and contact Danville...but not until after I catch a couple of those 25" plus rainbows tomorrow that I'm going fishing for tomorrow morning. (Old people can still dream, can't they?)

John