+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broke elbow-suggest use a stass in stream

Default broke elbow-suggest use a stass in stream

being a judge n trout tournament. crossing stream with clipboard and trout measuring board. fell n stream. broke r elbow. arm n sling. supposed to find an orthopedic mon for a cast

highly recommrnd usung a staff in streams

Good grief, Jim!!! NOT good!! Please keep us posted on how it goes with the ortho man tomorrow.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Unhappy

That's a real bummer, Jim. Hope you find a good doc to get you started on the road to a fast and complete healing and recovery.

John
    The fish are always right.

yes, bummer. don't know how i am going to tie flies for jc.

point is staff would hav saved me this. i had a stick i was using. guys catching fish, staff got left behind. i paid the price.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAFF. IT IS SOOOO EASY IN ONE BRIEF MOMENT TO FALL

Geez Jim, that's awful! Good luck, and heal up quick.

Remember, you have friends - if there is anything we can do for you, just holler...

Jim,

Sorry to hear this. Good reminder to all concerning the value of a staff. Hope you have a speedy recovery! Best of luck to you and be careful out there!
    Joe Bertolini

thanks you guys for caring enough to send me a note. living ten miles from town alone it's kinda nice to get the msgs...meaning posts. nice....thanks for that

it is a bummer big time, all the things i was trying to do...fix up a boat, get some furniture into my house so i could live like a human for a change.....yadayada...took a huge set back. didn't hav the funds for the pain pill presc...

no biggie. i probably wouldn't take them anyway. i will take an allergy pill in an instant. just don't know why...maybe don't want to become dependent on them.....but i have never liked the idea of taking pain pills.

it'just a moment in time. i will still be here.....doing something.....somewhere.... next year. so it's just an inconvience. it too will pass. i hav an excuse to sit on my butt and relax for a change.

geeeeze i don't like this one finger left handed typing......

HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYBODY
    Last edited by Gemrod; 06-21-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Thumbs up Attitude

Hey,

Your attitude is fantastic, no question it will make all the difference
    during your speedy recovery.

Your sharing it here is priceless...

Best wishes....

Steve

Good News. One of the orthopedics up here couldn't see me. All booked up and one man gone a week. Said they wouldn't cast it for 11 days anyway to make sure all swelling was gone. OTHER orthopedic said they would call me back very late in the day.

I decided to just go to the man I know is good in Phoenix. Hated to commit myself to multiple trips there to work on elbow. Now I am glad I did. He said throw away that cd disc the hospital gave me. Images are not good. He did his own exray. Said NO broken bones, or chipped bones or fractures! I do not need an opeeration. He said take that sling and throw it in the back of your truck. Take that 90 degree splint the hospital strapped to my arm and throw it in the back of my truck. He put on a stretch thing to cover the elbow to help control swelling. He didn't say what I DO have...but he told me what I didn't have and that is no broken stuff. He said watch the swelling as it will go up and down. Not to worry...but if it turns red call him. He said give it light duty and in a week I be back to normal. That is a whole lot better than in a week I get a cast!

Glad some docs are very good at what they do.

Just FYI

Great news. Carry the staff next time so you don't have to get lucky .
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread