Chris (FCCH) is accurate that he carries a few things with him when he goes fishing. A full truck load to be exact. Aside from the things he mentioned in the article thhe also has a stove, food for 1/2 of Quebec and enough water to irigate 3/4ths of California. I must admit that I am surprised to see a bird book. When last I saw Chris he had a unique way of bird ID. There are little brown birds, big brown birds and birds that eat fish. I might be missing a bird type or two but if so only one or two.

I too travel light and the thing I like about that is the opportunity to pass it on. The other day I was fishing and met two mid-westerners who had never fished for trout. Where we use 6x or 7x to fish and #22 files they were equipped for something closer to what I use for Stripers. I took a few moments, gave them some leaders, a spool of tippet and a couple of flies to get them started. The cost was minimal but the results were awsome. All three of us gained from the interaction. I later met another fisherman on the river and he asked if I was the one who gave them the leaders and flies. I admitted it was I and he thanked me for it. It's nice to know that the role of ambassador is appreciated and will likely be passed on. That is all I asked of those men. Pass the favor on to someone, sometime to help them out.

jed