After much consultation from this board, i decided that a 10 footer was in order. I called Global Dorber to set the plan in motion, super great people and i will buy more rods from them as i can in the future. First i must thank Gemrod for the inside scoop on this blank as he has one. One phone call to spec out the rod, superfine grip. single foot guides (and there are lots of them), no hook keeper, over size tip for knot trouble on the business end.
Delivery was relativly quick at 3 weeks, wraps were perfect ,as good or better than a high end stick. The rod was to be used for nymphing, swing wets and the ocasional dry fly. the blank i would call a medium slow action.
this thing will when needed, throw a Very tight loop with complete accuracy.scary with a rod that long and this light. one improvement i made was to use a mid arbor reel, that was 2 oz heavier to achieve a great balance of rod and reel.
Although i get a deep discount on flyline thru a major manufacturer, i stuck with my favorite line, Rio gold, it roll casts just fine for my setup and how i fish. my furled leaders come from board member PSZY22 , his leaders are better than the ones i bulit and turn over awesome. my leader length with this rod is 12-13 feet. I needed a little adustment with fishing technique on this blank and action but since .then i have been cleaning house, well sort of,
with all this said i will definately buy another and am recommending them to others. It just an awesome rod, especially for the cost,, that was set up for me, built my way. Please support them ,they are one of our sponsers.
And no i don't work for them, i tie flies and do a little guiding to get by. best,heinrich