+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on the board

nighthawk Guest

Default Some thoughts on the board

Lately I find that our sport is not holding my interest quite as well as it used to. I have also noted that some of our members have disappeared from the board or really cut back on posts. Some have passed away, some have decided not to post anymore, many have other activities with the warmer seasons and I suspect that some, like me, are loosing interest in our sport and the board.

If any have left on my account I apologize for that. Lately I find myself becoming more and more solitary. My tolerance and patience has been worn thin by some of the personal things I am going through. Perhaps that is why the board just no longer feels like home to me. I have always been the lone wolf. Lately I find my self yearning more for the tranquility of solitude. Perhaps in some way I am being selfish but I think not. I have never been a "people person".

I have been thinking on this a lot as of late. I feel that I no longer belong on this forum. To those that have befriended me I am very grateful and hope our friendships continue. Yes I know I have left the board before but this I must do for the sake of the others on this board and for myself. Too many times as of late I find myself having to restrain myself from laying into some poor soul. I hate feeling that way, it is no fault of anyone here, so I think the best thing for me to do is simply bid you all farewell.

I have shut off my PM function and please, I do not want to discuss this. I have too many other things happening right now.

Seems you made a free & personal choice and that's fine. Whether one uses this board daily,weekly,monthly etc... is their choice. Me? I participate in the board when I find interesting points of discussion. Like TV -no one forces you to watch. If you're losing interest in fly angling then there's always golf or online poker.............................

Exclamation

Farewell for now Eric..

This is a good site with good people a few like to make noise
    but what the hey, we all need to vent right..

Sounds like what you need is some Yosemite vacation time..
    I know of just the place. You were one of the inspirational
    camp councilors remember....

You can reach me through my FAOL PM system anytime.

Hopefully we will here from you again.

Never ever give up!

Steve
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I noticed that you haven't been posting much about flyfishing of late. When you get your health issues behind you you may find more enthusiasm for other things. Someone (at least that pesky saltwater bluegill guy) will be here when you get back.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Nighthawk,
    Take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing every once in a while.
    Sometimes you just have to cut back to where you find some peace.
    Best wishes, and stay well.

Kirk

I hope to see you back again someday. Until then, take care of yourself and best wishes.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Eric,
    We haven't talked much to each other here, but I've always enjoyed your posts, and am concerned for your welfare. I've been dealing with a few health issues as well, and with a wife who's health nearly confines her to bed. These things can be daunting, and can mess with your psyche, as well as your well-being. Please don't sit and watch cable news all day, or sequester yourself and listen to melancholy music. It can really mess with your head. In the spirit of "take my advice, I''m not using it", take a break from your normal routines, and find something new to do. There's always something interesting available to occupy your interest, and perhaps light new fires. It doesn't have to relate to fishing. Do eat and sleep well, and get out of the house a couple of times a week. Most importantly, find someone who needs a helping hand, and then help. That will do wonders for your mind and soul, (and your body, if it's something physical). Check in now and then, and let us know what you're up to. You have friends here.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

nighthawk...
    Thank you for being here...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Hi Eric,

I hope to see you posting here again when things in your life are less stressful. I hope you'll talk to your doctor about the stress that's going along with all the rest of things. That is just as important to keep under control as your blood sugar, etc. Take care, and we all look forward to seeing you here again when you can enjoy your hobbies without feeling like you are under so much pressure.

- Jeff

Blog Entries

We always welcome back lost sheep who have wandered from the flock, distracted by life and - OOOH SHINY!

I confess to not fishing nearly as much as I used to, as well.

Take care.

Dennis

+ Reply to Thread