You guys are way ahead of me as I'm not a machinist. However, I do like to make tools to use. Made a neat dubbing brush winder from an old Zebco reel and a few pieces of wood. Bobbins have been made with the plastic barrel from a ball point pin, bound between two formed pieces of wire (coat hanger)and epoxied. Spool bearings are golf tees cut off and drilled to accept the wire ends, epoxied in. Bobbin threaders can be made with just a piece of wood and some hard mono crimped on one end and tied onto the handle, wrapped and epoxied. Bodkins can be made from various sized needles put into handles of your choice. Hair packers can be made from the large plastic clothes hangers, they usually have a small hollow core that can be drilled out larger to fit over the hook eye. The pusher end can be a plastic drawer pull drilled out and screwed into the packer rod. Made a pretty good epoxy drier wheel from an old electric can opener and a couple of plastic gears from various places. A pair of needle nose vise-grip pliers can serve as an emergency vise. I tie on a Dan vise, but I've got an extra set of jaws and playing around with building up a travel vise. Making gadgets to tie with is about as addictive as tying flies to catch fish with.