CALL FOR ACTION #1..
=================
I live in Washington state, on the border of a posh community called Mill Creek. (technically I live in Bothell, but just barely. I guess I am in the Mill Creek slums?)

My daughter has a job working for one of the Mill creek stores, and I believe there is a fly fishing shop in that center. I think so anyway, as I'm afraid to go in there. They might take away my bobbers and all you know

Still, it brings up an idea for me.
FAOL is unique. It isn't in competition with any local group or retailer. In fact FAOL supports them, and hopefully they refer people to FAOL. Once I get the new look up for the main website (coming along nicely BTW), it might be nice to make up a flyer, or brochure that lets anglers know we exist.

ERGO.....
Anyone out there with mad ad skills that wants a go at it? I'd like to get a letter paper size ad and a tri fold brochure (or business card?) done. I figure I can take it, make a pdf out of it, then ask the FAOL army (aka you) to do some fishing of a different sort (print em out and get em into these places), to see if small retailers would let them be in the store?

The goal is to get FAOL updated, and start attracting more people. Push the local club agendas, and generally promote the community spirit and conservational training goals FAOL has been championing all these years.

CALL #2..
=======
We don't want to compete with U-Tube, but if there are any of you out there that would love to do a video article, that's something I'm trying to promote.

So, get your camcorders out and see if you've got what it takes. Learn some basic editing and when you think you have it down, we can look at some of them to see if this is an area FAOL really wants to delve into.

Things like videos of how to tie a fly, or a fishing outing, or a product review.
Actually for you tying types.. It would be VERY cool to go back through ALL the fly of the week articles and create a video for each one showing the steps that are outlined in the articles. They can then be added to each tutorial. Ditto for all of the FAOL tutorials.. Can someone coordinate this?
Can someone volunteer editing skills, or help train the tying members on camera angles, lighting, voice overs, etc? I like this idea a lot.

CALL #3..
=======
When we start bringing in more articles, more pics, and more videos to the site I'm going to need a human readable legal statement. Something that says: you own your own content, but by submitting it, you claim it is your right to allow FAOL use of it, and FAOL gets permission to use, edit, or ignore it as it see's fit until the universe collapses and beyond. Any legal types out there willing to do this for free? Can you do so in a manner us laypersons would understand and still accomplish the legal goals? Can you point us to a resource that we can use at least? <insert effective grovelling for lawyer types here> Thank you. I will now refrain from lawyer jokes for the next 12.75 minutes.

--Ron--