+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In-Fisherman

Hybrid View

Default In-Fisherman

Love the TV program. Well done and the host seems like he just has so much fun. Better than most of the fly fishing shows, especially the agenda-laden trout unlimited stuff.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

I agree. They actually try to teach you something. Most fishing shows are just a whole lot of "Hey, watch me catch this fish... and this fish... and this fish........and this fish". It gets really old. Really fast. The In-Fishermen are like the professors of gear fishing.

They have some good books out there too. They have a series called "Handbooks of Strategies" that have information on fish behavior, locations, great stuff. The four I have are Pike, Walleye, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass. Although they are aimed at gear fishing, they have information that anyone could find useful.
    Dave

Ditto to what you guys said. Everything In-Fisherman puts out is high quality: the TV show, the mag, books, and DVD's. Their annual guides (ice, bass, walleye, panfish, catfish) are outstanding, too.

The only fishing shows I look forward to are IF and their two spin-off's, "Angler's Edge" with the Lindners and "Hunt for Big Fish" with Larry Dahlberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Knot View Post
    Most fishing shows are just a whole lot of "Hey, watch me catch this fish... and this fish... and this fish........and this fish".

... or they're just infomercials. Take out the product plugs, and Roland Martin would have a five minute show.

I use to love watching In-Fisherman back in the day. Haven't seen it for awhile now but I remember back in the 80's it use to come on TV Saturday afternoon on network (days of before Cable TV) around 1pm and my dad & I would always sit down and watch it together.

Use to love the old intro for the show back in the 80's anyone else remember the opening theme showing the traffic jam on the freeway with the voice over of - "It's a busy world out there, a world of push and shove...." Then it would cut to the scene of Al Linder fishing

Steve

My favorite fishing show!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

DaveP63:
    ""They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

For some reason...when I get a 4 or 5 pound bow on the end of a 5X leader and the reel is screaming like a banshee.....my mind always drifts back to "Did I mow the lawn before I left home"...

( Now you keep believing that!!!)

+ Reply to Thread