+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not to be insulting but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Default Not to be insulting but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sometimes fly guys and gals take this stuff way to seriously. Reading the overlaoding thread made me laugh, sorry, I did laugh at your expense, but it was priceless.

as the original poster of the aforementioned thread, I'm actually shocked at whats going on with it!! I meant to ask a simple question, not bring out the devil in all of us. There sure are some strong minded people here huh?? I feel like a troublemaker now. I hope I'm not going to get banned for all of this rebel rousing

bwagner,
    It wasn't your post that ignited the fire, but some of the response. I don't believe you should worry in the least, but I will be praying that the Sun will rise on my username, and others, in the morning

It was a good question, it really was. And I would advise you to try different line weights, weighing the benefits and consequences of each, and go with what fits your needs most favorably. It isn't rocket surgery, and if you have a rod that can't handle overlining by one or two weights, the rod was a piece of crap to start with, IMO.

Yes I agree,and Is why stated that I had not planned on even opening the thread and looking...It has been discussed on this fourm many times....and at times has seemed to turn into a witch hunt of sorts.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I did get a bit of a chuckle myself. I wonder sometimes where a good old fisherman like me that enjoys tying a few feathers on a hook fixing it to the end of some string on a long stick and tricking a trout to eating it fits into this group? lol...lol.
    But I tell ya I sure have fun and enjoy doing it.

Bill from PA

"But I tell ya I sure have fun and enjoy doing it.

Bill from PA"......

Bill...and that's what it's ALL about!

Merry Christmas folks.

Jeremy.

It's all personal preference, as it should be--sometimes we find that peice of equipment or a technique that fits us perfectly. when you do, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Yes they go way over board some times. I could not even get thought the whole post.

There are always other post to read.

-ST

------------------
    [url=http://www.flyfishingwis.com:c5bbd]www.flyfishingwis.com[/url:c5bbd]

Blog Entries

Sorry, I've got to laugh too. Everbody's tough and good-looking on the internet.

I hunt birds a *lot*. I notice the guys who say, "It's all about the dogs" still load their shotguns. And the guys who say, "It's all about the perfect cast" still have a hook on their fly."

Easy, easy, it's a joke.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

I don't know how you folks feel but I never pay any attention to one that goes past 10 answers. "awagner" if it is as bad as most feel you could delete it.

------------------

Bill

+ Reply to Thread