I'm going to throw out my satisfaction with the Cabelas Stowaway. I acutally own 2 of them, as one is required by Law to never leave the back of the truck, unless it is to be immediately fished They are good rods, especially for the price.

That being said, I have had my eyes on the March Browns for a couple of years now. They look to be excellent, well made rods, and those specifically designed for travel have features and specs that I would want in a premium rod designed to be packed. Unfortunately for me, I have never had the opportunity to hold, cast, or fish with one, but I have heard excellent reviews.

The price differential is the only reason I would recommend the Cabelas rod, as I believe you stated you were on a budget (as am I), but if I had money to burn, I would have tried out the March Browns a couple of years ago.

For the money, I am very happy with my Stowaways, and yes, I would buy again. Not the biggest cannons on the block, but plenty of rod to get the job done, at a very fair price.

Good luck with whatever you decide!