Tom (doublewide on FAOL) called today and wanted to go fishing and I wanted to try out my new 7wt, so, I agreed and we went looking for either bass or walleye and ended up with 10 very nice crappie! Largest one was 16". We had a great day and I was very impressed with my new LL Bean Streamlight 7wt rod and reel combo. Tom and I have decided to try out river smallmouth fishing and from all that I read on here, the 7wt was highly recommended. I dislike any rod over 8' 6" and I also like 2 piece rods and discovered that there are very few out there in the 7wt. LL Bean had this 7wt in 2 piece and 8' 6" with their wide arbor reel prespooled with 7wt line and backing plus the cordura case that holds the rod with reel attached for $175 plus S/H. I decided to purchase it and really like it. I swear it does not weigh any more than my 5wt. One could use it all day and not be wore out. Here is a picture of the crappie Tom and I caught plus another picture of the rod/reel and crappie. Had a great day and look forward for more trips with this rod/reel.