+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Considerable will power is a must !

Blog Entries

Talking Considerable will power is a must !

Those of you who have contracted the rod building disease know that you are doomed. Here is how I keep the number of rods in my personal collection to a minumum. I built a stand up rod rack . When I made the rack, I drilled "8" holes in it in order to hold that many rods.

Now I cant tell you how many times I've removed rods and replaced rods , but at present only one hole is vacant (shortly to be filled with another bamboo). If I hadnt done this , I'd probably have 50 rods. Now I dont know if I've just been kiddding myself by doing it this way or its just a mental justification....lol. All I know is that it has taken a considerable amout of will power not to drill any more holes in that rod rack...........lmao...........Ed
    Last edited by ET custom flyrods; 06-08-2009 at 12:09 AM.

I built myself a "display" rack for my collectible rods. It holds 32 rods, 16 on the front and 16 more on the back. When an empty spot avails itself, I know I need to build another one ... LOL.

"Will power". WILL power. Will POWER. Nope, sorry ... not familiar with that term.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

In theory that seems like a good idea Ed, but you know us rod builders are an addictive bunch. I started out with one rod rack....now this is one side of the wall ....

And this is the other....

And that's just my own personal rods

"Will Power"?What is will power?

Blog Entries

Hmmm....I thought when the rack filled, it was telling me to buy a new rack. I still need to build an 8 weight. It fills that crucial need between my 6 and my 9. And there is room for a 3 between the 2 and the 4. Did I use the word crucial yet? It's true. And once I have an 8, I'll probably need a 7 to fill the obvious gap there. After that, I need to move up or down, or discover that I need new lengths of rods I have. Then there is spey......
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Blog Entries

Unhappy Serum needed....but do we really want to take it?

Steve.....your a much sicker pup than I originally thought.......lmao...

The rest of you folks have also deffinetly fell off the deep end.....ha

It's nice to know that all of you folks need a shot too.......... if there is one...........Ed

There is no cure!!! <bwahahaha!!!> Mights well just enjoy it!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Wink Serum needed....but do we really want to take it?

Ed -

Someone must have slipped me an overdose of THE SERUM.

At one point I was up to six fly rods. Now I am down to three. My plans are to reduce that number to TWO in the relatively near future.

John

P.S. Since I don't recall taking any serum, either it was injected into my DNA or my wife slipped it to me unnoticed at some point ?? The DNA thing is Scottish. My wife is an RN. Hmmmmmmmmmm .......

P.S.1 The two rods I want to end up with both have to be built on blanks yet to be purchased. The point being, even the best serums are not a complete protection. On the other hand, it looks like there might be several people just aching to get their hands on those blanks and get started on building the rods for me ( that's the serum kicking in ) !!
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread