+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Is Fishing This Weekend?

never on a week-end-retired-it gets way too crowded on w-ends-went th.fri,will be back again mon.steelies

------------------
    bob faorite past-times winter steelie fishing-fall bow-hunting-would write more but with my typing i would be here for wks.??

I was chasing steelhead on the Merced River in Snelling, CA just last weekend. Can't get on the water this weekend but might sneak out next weekend.

If work would calm down a bit, I might be able to toss my kayak into one of the local reservoirs for an after-work quick-trip.

Caught some decent brownies this wekend on the lower Owen's River outside Bishop, CA. Lots of fun. nothing real huge, average size was about 12-13". Good solid midge hatches all day with scattered calibaetis during the noontime hours.

Perfect day on the Big Thompson. Air temp 25 degrees and can you believe it, no wind in the AM. Had one of those days where at first I just couldn't land anything to save my life. Got frustrated about it then realized, hey, the air temp is about 25 degrees, not having to put my hands in the water is a good thing! Eventually landed a few nice rainbows and a small brownie in 3 hours on the water. A great day enjoyed with a good friend. We spend the rest of the day at the pub, fly shop, and watching the super bowl with family, and I finished up with a late-night tying spree. What more could you ask for??

[This message has been edited by ktokj (edited 07 February 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread