+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Fishing This Weekend?

Default Who Is Fishing This Weekend?

Well?

Who is fishing this weekend? For what? And where? I am planning on meeting a friend Tuesday at Quaker Creek (not named because of my church affiliation but because of my reaction to the rattlesnake I met the last time I fished the stream) to fish for wild rainbows. California has a general season and most of the rivers are closed but for some reason southern California is exempt.

I am! along with several others. Fishing for Trout, Snook, and reds,or whatever will bite.
    Bill

I am for trout, somewhere in SW PA, site TBD. We are getting a weather break this weekend into the 50's! I gotta get on a stream.

Rick

------------------
    Fish more, work less!

ME TOO! ME TOO!

im hitting the Lower Owen's River Wild Trout section outside of Bishop, CA both saturday and sunday. the wife is out of town with the kids for the whole weekend, so all "honey-do's" are put on hold .

the weather's been nice all week with temps reaching into the 60s in bishop, so midges should be coming off all day and maybe a few calibaetis towards afternoon. cant wait !! water temps are up, ambient air temps are up, and winds are down. should be a great weekend, with everyone else staying home for the "Big Game".

tyflier..

Oh I miss those incredible winter days on the lower owens! That fishery is fantastic, and the midge fishing...sublime. Have a blast.

Personally, I'm going to hit the Big Thompson here in Colorado for some midge fishing. I've got to do something about this terrible case of cabin fever!

Have a great weekend everybody regardless if you hit the water or not.

Love this time of year! I hit the first river with my 8wt for steelhead for a couple hours. Then I head for the next river in time for the BWO hatch and the the brown stone flies have been out in force. I'm taking the 5 wt RPL this time. (It has been weird going from casting an 8wt with a heavy sink tip to a 3wt with a floating line.)

I was just out casting in the snow for awhile. I thought some practice was in order since they are calling for a high of 50 on Sunday. So I hope to fish during the day and the watch the EAGLES win the Super Bowl in the evening.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    I can't pretend to know what I don't, so I won't.
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:2a1b4]FlyReelDots.com[/url:2a1b4]
    FAOL Sponsor
    FAOL DOTS are now available
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

My plan is to hit the water tomorrow afternoon. Supposed to be in the 50s here. Gonna go looking for some holdover trout.
    CJ

------------------
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

Ice still on the water here. It was 50 today and forecast says 60 tommorrow. I am a novice who just bought my first "good" rod and can't wait to give it a go. With a little luck the ice may part by Sunday.

------------------
    Ricky

ktokj-

the adult midges on the owens have been unbelievable this winter. I actually got my biggest fish from the Wild Trout Section so far just a couple weeks ago, right before the huge snowstorms hit. beautiful 17" brown, and completely wild. he took a tiny quill body cree midge, #28. just barely sipped it. what good times.

if you get the chance to come back out this way, look me up. well wet a line together and hopefully enjoy some decent hookups.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread