It is too easy to forget to say thanks and pay tribute to people in our lives until they have gone on.

The LF's Golden Stone is a companion to JC's Salmonfly. It is my tribute to Deanna.

From the fly fisher's point of view.

From the fishies' point of view.

The materials and the tying sequence for the LF's Golden Stone are minor variations from the JC's Salmonfly.

For the tails, legs, and antennae, I used Angler's Choice Super Floss in olive - and split the strands to achieve more delicate features. ( Turns out the super floss is easier to use than the rubber legs material and may become the material of choice on a variety of furled extended body flies with tails. Note that the color in the pics is close but not quite right. )

The change in the tying sequence involved tying in the foam and deer hair behind the front legs rather than in front as on JC's Salmonfly. It was easier on this particular example and lead to a better silhouette, I believe, for this stonefly. Will likely modify the sequence on the salmonfly next time I tie some up.

THANK YOU, Deanna, for the inspiration that you and Jim have been to me and so many other people around the world. I will fish this fly as a continuing tribute to you on the many streams and rivers of the Intermountain West where the Golden Stones thrive.

John