Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
Wasn't talking about the Forum heading "FAOL Community"....In fact I guess I've never even seen that.

WAs talking about the Group COmmunity whatever, the Root Beer whatever, the friend's list, etc.

Sorry, but that stuff is just over the top. Isn't just being HERE enough?
AH... Those are fairly new BB additions called Social Groups.
FAOL is indeed a community site. It just happens to have TONS of reviews and tutorials etc.

Straight tutorials / articles are on the web site (which BTW) is about to get a facelift. (Something JC and I had been discussing for over a year before he died)

The BB is more free form. It is made for 2 reasons. Community and a way that ALL of the members can contribute to the promotion of your sport.

The BB has this Community forum, it has Personal Blogs, and it has Social Groups now too. It's a way to let people have their own little special interest group areas. They actually AID in helping the Fly fishing content stay more in focus and on trac. It provides an outlet for those that wish to participate to do so without cluttering up your favorite forums.

You don't have to read EVERYTHING on this site you know
Think of them as containers for stuff you don't want to read, that don't infect your favorite areas. The others that like them will think of them as a haven they can discuss things in without getting continually flamed and being told to stay on topic. EVERYONE WINS!