+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JC Memorial Bench Raffle

Hybrid View

Thumbs up JC Memorial Bench Raffle

We are planning to erect a granite memorial bench on the Au sable river in Michigan in Jim's honor.

We plan on dedicating the bench at the 2010 Michigan Fish-in. To raise funds for the bench and a plane ticket to fly Deanna to Michigan for the dedication we are planning a raffle.

Our estimates are we will need about $5000. We would like to sell at least 500 tickets at $10.

Anyone who would like to donate a prize to be used in the raffle send Host Ray a Private Message, and we will get in touch with you. The more the merrier! Nothing is too small. Lets make this happen. I'm hoping the sponsors can help out too. Leonard (Night Angler) has already started us of with a free guided trip and a box of custom flies!

After we collect the prizes we will post a thread with a complete list and start to sell tickets.

Thank You everyone in advance!

Ray,
    I'll be in touch. I have some ideas for what I can donate...I am just swamped right now.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Glad to see this is going forward. Jack Hise spoke of it when we were on the river and I can't think of a better way to memorialize JC.
    "Engineers don't idle well."

I'm on board as well. I'll be in touch with the raffle item(s).

Nice idea to honor a great guy who gave a lot to the sport.

Jim Smith

I've PM'd Ray and plan to donate a wall quilt. Any suggestions on topic? I was thinking of maybe a heron fishing on a stream, since I know they are some of the best fishers in the world. I didn't want it to be too literal, just something that would appeal to people in general, not necessarily just those who fish, something that would draw people to buy more tickets.
    Jean

Fly tying supplies make the best quilt embellishments!

Blog Entries

Jean,
    I think a heron sounds like a great idea. You've got my vote.
    Steve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Message sent.

This thread needs to be pinned at the top.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Kinda like that, Kerry.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Thumbs up Count us in.

PM sent on behalf of the PA Fish-In.

Smile Elkhorn 8' for 5 wt two piece two tip

Ray has graciously accepted my donation of the Elkhorn bamboo rod featured in threads on the Rod Building Forum titled "Elkhorn Bamboo Rod Project and Challenge" and the Fishing Reports Forum titled " '09 Ellkhorn Bamboo Challenge".

This rod is used, the tip sections have both taken a minor set, and one is a bit shorter than the other, and the grip is lightly soiled. But this rod has a history with FAOL, a bit of charm, and is an excellent fishing tool. It loves a Rio Selective Trout II DT5F line and does well with a 5 wt Class II full sinking line. A premium rod sock from Elkhorn and a custom aluminum rod tube from REC are included.

I'm wondering if someone out there has a nice reel that will hold a DT5F line that they can part with to match this rod ?? Hopefully with a spare spool for a full sinking line ??

I'm wondering if someone out there can come up with a Rio Selective Trout II DT5F line and some backing ??

I'm wondering if someone out there can come up with a 5 wt Class II full sinking line and backing ??

I'm wondering if someone out there can come up with a half dozen furled leaders.

I'm wondering if we can set up the winner of this raffle with a bamboo rod outfit that is ready to go as soon as it gets to his / her home ??

Don't leave me hanging, please.

John
    Last edited by JohnScott; 06-11-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread